We love our recipes – and so will you!
Who knew that goat cheese could be so versatile? Have you ever had Crème Brulée with Chavrie® Goat Cheese? Or Chavrie Goat Cheese on Pizza? Browse our recipe library and enjoy the goodness of Chavrie pure goat cheese in recipes for any time of the day or for that next big party.
Caramelized Red Onion Tarts with Chavrie® Goat Cheese
Cheese: Pyramids Original
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 8-12 minutes
- 1 pkg. (5.3oz) Chavrie® goat cheese
- 2 Med. Red onions (minced)
- 2 Tbs. Vegetable oil
- 2 Tbs. Unsalted Butter
- 1 Tbs. Sugar
- 2 Tbs. Red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbs. Red Currant or Grape Jelly
- 12 ea. Neutral/Savory tart shells
- Heat oil and butter over medium heat in heavy gauge skillet.
- Add minced onions and cook until translucent about 10 minutes.
- Add sugar, jelly and vinegar and cook to a syrupy consistency (15 minutes) stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Place tart shells on baking tray, spoon 1 Tbs. of caramelized onion in each tart shell, spread Chavrie® evenly on top of each tart.
- Before serving heat in a 350° F oven, bake until slightly brown on edges (approximately 8-12 minutes) or brown under a broiler for 3-4 minutes.