We love our recipes – and so will you!
Who knew that goat cheese could be so versatile? Have you ever had Crème Brulée with Chavrie® Goat Cheese? Or Chavrie Goat Cheese on Pizza? Browse our recipe library and enjoy the goodness of Chavrie pure goat cheese in recipes for any time of the day or for that next big party.
Crab Empanadas with Chavrie® Goat Cheese
Cheese: Logs Original
Prep Time: 50 minutes
- 1 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. Spanish onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. Jalapeno, minced
- ¼ C Red Pepper (chopped)
- 8 oz. Picked lump crabmeat
- 1 – 3.5 oz. Chavrie®log
- 1 tsp. Chopped cilantro
- 1 Tbsp. Italian parsley (chopped)
- 7 oz. Corn (drained)
- 1 tsp. Cumin
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
For Empanada dough
- 2 bx. Frozen Pie dough (thawed)
- 1 qt. Vegetable oil for frying
- In a saute pan on medium, heat olive oil and saute onion, garlic, jalapeño, and red pepper. Set aside to chill
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper.
- Mix sautéed vegetables with the crabmeat mixture and place in the refrigerator
- Lay thawed pie dough on a lightly floured flat surface, cut 3 inch circles
- To assemble, spoon about 1/2 to 3/4 Tbsp. of the filling in the center of each empanada dough round.
- Fold over to form a half-moon pie shape and crimp the edges to seal.
- Place finished empanadas in the refrigerator on sheet tray to chill
- Preheat deep fryer to 350°F
- Deep Fry until golden brown and crispy. Serve with: Chavrie Jalapeño Queso