We love our recipes – and so will you!
Who knew that goat cheese could be so versatile? Have you ever had Crème Brulée with Chavrie® Goat Cheese? Or Chavrie Goat Cheese on Pizza? Browse our recipe library and enjoy the goodness of Chavrie pure goat cheese in recipes for any time of the day or for that next big party.
Vichyssoise with Chavrie® Goat Cheese
Cheese: Pyramids Original
- 2 ea. Leeks (chopped and washed)
- 1 C Sliced white mushrooms
- 2 Oz. Vegetable oil
- 1 Qt. Chicken stock
- 1 ea. Large Russet Potato (peeled and diced)
- 2 pkg. Chavrie® Goat Cheese (reserve 1 pkg. for garnishing)
- Sweat leeks and mushrooms in vegetable oil until tender (without color) in a heavy gauge sauce pot
- Add chicken stock and potato. Bring to a boil simmer for 20 minutes until potato is fully cooked
- Add the Chavrie® and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour entire contents in a blender and puree or puree with a hand held mixer
- Strain through a fine chinois.
- Chill in the refrigerator overnight and serve very cold
- Garnish with a dollop of Chavrie® in each chilled bowl