We love our recipes – and so will you!
Who knew that goat cheese could be so versatile? Have you ever had Crème Brulée with Chavrie® Goat Cheese? Or Chavrie Goat Cheese on Pizza? Browse our recipe library and enjoy the goodness of Chavrie pure goat cheese in recipes for any time of the day or for that next big party.
Crème Brulée with Chavrie® Goat Cheese
Cheese: Pyramids Original
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
- 2- 5.3 oz pkgs. Chavrie® Goat Cheese
- 1 pint Heavy cream
- 1 ½ C Sugar divided (1/2 C for caramelizing)
- 7 ea. Egg yolks
- ½ tsp. Vanilla extract
- Place the cream and vanilla extract into a medium saucepan set over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Remove from the heat, cover and allow to sit for 15 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 1 cup sugar, Chavrie® Goat Cheese and the egg yolks until well blended.
- Add the cream a little at a time, stirring continually. Pour the liquid into 6 (7 to 8-ounce) ramekins. or 1 -9 inch crème brulee dish.
- Place the ramekins into a large cake pan or roasting pan. Pour enough hot water into the pan to come halfway up the sides of the ramekins. Bake just until the creme brulee is set, but still trembling in the center, approximately 40 to 45 minutes.
- Remove the ramekins from the roasting pan and refrigerate for at least 2 hours and up to 3 days.
- Remove the creme brulee from the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes prior to browning the sugar on top. Divide 1/2 cup sugar equally among the 6 dishes and spread evenly on top. Using a torch, caramelize the sugar and form a crispy top.
- Allow the creme brulee to sit for at least 5 minutes before serving