We love our recipes – and so will you!
Who knew that goat cheese could be so versatile? Have you ever had Crème Brulée with Chavrie® Goat Cheese? Or Chavrie Goat Cheese on Pizza? Browse our recipe library and enjoy the goodness of Chavrie pure goat cheese in recipes for any time of the day or for that next big party.
Easter Bread with Chavrie® Fresh Goat Cheese Log
Cheese: Pyramids Original
Prep Time: 2 hours
Cook Time: 1 hour
- 1 4 oz. Chavrie® Fresh Goat Cheese Log, Original
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 pkg. dry yeast
- 5 cups or 1 lb 4 oz. bread flour
- 6 eggs
- 3 tbsp. or 1 oz. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 12 oz. butter (softened)
- 1 egg for egg wash
- In sauce pan, heat milk to scald and let cool to room temperature.
- Add the first cup or 4 oz. of bread flour and yeast and let rise until doubled in volume.
- Using the paddle attachment in mixing bowl, begin adding eggs gradually while mixing on slow speed.
- Add remaining dry ingredients to form a soft dough.
- Begin adding butter on slow speed until all butter has been added and incorporated well.
- Divide the dough into five equal pieces and place in a round cake pan.
- Cut the Chavrie® Fresh Goat Cheese Log into 5 pieces and place a piece in the center of each separate section of bread dough.
- Let dough rise for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Brush with egg wash and bake for 50 minutes – 1 hour, until golden brown.