We love our recipes – and so will you!
Who knew that goat cheese could be so versatile? Have you ever had Crème Brulée with Chavrie® Goat Cheese? Or Chavrie Goat Cheese on Pizza? Browse our recipe library and enjoy the goodness of Chavrie pure goat cheese in recipes for any time of the day or for that next big party.
Soufflé Recipe with Chavrie® Goat Cheese
Cheese: Pyramids Original
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
- 1 Tbsp. Butter to coat the ramekin (soufflé dish)
- 1 Tbsp. All purpose flour to coat ramekin (soufflé dish)
- 1 pkg (5.3oz). Chavrie® goat cheese
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 2 Tbsp. All purpose flour
- 4 oz. Milk
- 1 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese (grated)
- 4 ea. Egg yolks
- 1 tsp. Dry mustard
- 3 ea. Egg whites
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Butter and flour a 8 oz. soufflé ramekin and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Melt the butter in a 1 qt. heavy gauge saucepan over medium heat add the flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Add milk and simmer on low heat for 3-5 minutes stirring frequently.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the Chavrie®, Parmesan cheese and dry mustard.
- Season to taste with salt and white pepper.
- Temper in the egg yolks mixing well and transfer the mixture to a stainless steel mixing bowl, cover with plastic wrap, set aside and keep warm.
- Whip the egg whites in a mixer to a soft peak.
- Gently fold ½ the whipped egg whites into the Chavrie® mixture, mixing well then repeat with the remaining half of the whipped egg whites.
- Transfer into the butter floured ramekin and bake in the preheated oven for 15 – 20 minutes until the soufflé rises and is golden brown.
- Serve immediately.