We love our recipes – and so will you!
Who knew that goat cheese could be so versatile? Have you ever had Crème Brulée with Chavrie® Goat Cheese? Or Chavrie Goat Cheese on Pizza? Browse our recipe library and enjoy the goodness of Chavrie pure goat cheese in recipes for any time of the day or for that next big party.
Black Olive & Tomato Tian with Chavrie® Goat Cheese
Cheese: Logs Original
Prep Time: 45 minutes
- 1 C Quality olive oil
- ½ C minced onions
- ½ tsp. Garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp. Sliced black olives drained
- ¼ tsp. Chopped thyme
- 1 ea. potato, peeled
- 1 ea. Beef steak tomatoes
- 1 tsp. Kosher salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pkg. 4 oz. Chavrie® Goat Log
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Brush a small 3-4 inch casserole dish with olive oil.
- In a medium sauté pan, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil and cook the onions over medium-low heat for 8 to 10 minutes, until translucent.
- Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add the olives and chopped thyme
- Spread the onion mixture on the bottom of the baking dish.
- Slice the potato and tomatoes in 1/4-inch thick slices.
- Layer them alternately in the dish on top of the onions.
- Drizzle with 1 more tablespoon of olive oil.
- Slice the Chavrie® Goat Log in ¼ inch slices and place in shingle fashion on the top for the finishing layer
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Uncover the dish, and continue baking to slightly brown the cheese
- Remove from the oven and keep warm to let the potato absorb some of the moisture for at least 15 minutes
- Serve warm