We love our recipes – and so will you!
Who knew that goat cheese could be so versatile? Have you ever had Crème Brulée with Chavrie® Goat Cheese? Or Chavrie Goat Cheese on Pizza? Browse our recipe library and enjoy the goodness of Chavrie pure goat cheese in recipes for any time of the day or for that next big party.
Creamy Risotto with Chavrie® Goat Cheese
Cheese: Pyramids Original
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
- 1 pkg. (5.3oz) Chavrie® Basil and Roasted Garlic Goat Cheese
- 5 C Chicken stock or broth
- 1 Tbsp. Olive oil
- ½ C Minced onion
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- ½ C White wine
- 2 tsp. Flat leaf parsley finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Pesto
- Bring chicken stock to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to low and keep warm.
- Heat olive oil in a thick-bottomed saucepan.
- Add minced onions and cook until translucent.
- Pour in the arborio rice, cook for 4 minutes, stirring until well coated.
- Turn the heat to high and add the white wine, simmer until mostly absorbed.
- Add the hot stock 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly until absorbed by the rice. Continue to add stock 1/2 cup at a time, stirring to release the starch. Check rice for doneness after 18 minutes, rice should be al dente but cooked through.
- Stir in Italian parsley, and Chavrie®.
- Season with salt and pepper serve immediately.
Variations: Replace Chavrie® Basil and Roasted garlic with Chavrie® and omit pesto. Replace Chicken broth with vegetable broth