We love our recipes – and so will you!
Who knew that goat cheese could be so versatile? Have you ever had Crème Brulée with Chavrie® Goat Cheese? Or Chavrie Goat Cheese on Pizza? Browse our recipe library and enjoy the goodness of Chavrie pure goat cheese in recipes for any time of the day or for that next big party.
Chavrie® Roasted Beet and Walnut Salad
Cheese: Logs Original
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes - 1 hour
- 1 1/2 pounds red beets, washed
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided into 2 -1/2 cups
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup walnut oil
- 1 pkg. (4 ounces) Chavrie® Goat Log
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped - reserve a few whole pieces for garnish
- Salt & pepper to season
- Fresh parsley sprigs for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F
- Spread aluminum foil onto flat surface.
- Place beets on foil and drizzle olive oil generously over beets and season with salt and pepper.
- Seal aluminum foil around the beets and place on a baking sheet
- Roast beets for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until tender
- Remove from the oven, unwrap the beets and cool
- When the beets are cool enough to handle, peel and dice very small
- Place the diced beets in a bowl. Mix with chopped walnuts, balsamic vinegar and chopped parsley. Season with salt and pepper
- Divide the beet salad evenly into 4-6 serving dishes
- Top each dish with sliced Chavrie® Goat Log
- Garnish with whole walnuts and parsley