We love our recipes – and so will you!
Who knew that goat cheese could be so versatile? Have you ever had Crème Brulée with Chavrie® Goat Cheese? Or Chavrie Goat Cheese on Pizza? Browse our recipe library and enjoy the goodness of Chavrie pure goat cheese in recipes for any time of the day or for that next big party.
Asparagus Soup with Chavrie® Goat Cheese
Cheese: Pyramids Original
Prep Time: 45 minutes
- 1 ea. Leeks white only (chopped and washed)
- 1 Oz. Butter
- 2 Tbsp. Flour
- 2 C. Chicken stock
- 2 C. Milk
- 2 Bunches Asparagus cut in 1 inch segments (you can use stems but remove the woody section)
- 1 pkg. 5.3oz. Chavrie® Pyramid
- Sweat leeks in butter until tender (without color) in a heavy gauge sauce pot
- Add flour and stir well while remaining on the heat
- Add chicken stock and milk. Bring to a boil simmer for 20 minutes
- Add asparagus and simmer until tender.
- Carefully remove asparagus with a slotted spoon and place in blender. Add the cooking liquid and blend well( be very careful you must leave the center cap of the blender off and cover loosely so you do not trap the steam..)
- Strain through a fine chinois. Bring to a simmer add the Chavrie® and season with salt and pepper.
- The soup can be served with crab and garnished with blanched asparagus spears