We love our recipes – and so will you!
Who knew that goat cheese could be so versatile? Have you ever had Crème Brulée with Chavrie® Goat Cheese? Or Chavrie Goat Cheese on Pizza? Browse our recipe library and enjoy the goodness of Chavrie pure goat cheese in recipes for any time of the day or for that next big party.
Mushroom Soup with Chavrie® Goat Cheese
Cheese: Pyramids Original
Prep Time: 20 mintesu
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 pkg. (5.3 oz) Chavrie® Goat Cheese
- 1 ea.. Shallot (chopped)
- 1 Oz. Butter
- 2 Tbsp. Flour
- 2 C. Chicken stock
- 2 C. Milk
- 1 lb. Mushrooms white or assorted wild (sliced)
- Sweat shallots in butter until tender (without color) in a heavy gauge sauce pot
- Add mushrooms and sauté until tender
- Add flour and stir well while remaining on the heat
- Add chicken stock and milk. Bring to a boil simmer for 20 minutes
- Carefully pour contents into a blender. And puree well ( be very careful you must leave the center cap of the blender off and cover loosely so you do not trap the steam..)
- Return to sauce pot and bring to a simmer add the Chavrie® Goat Cheese and season with salt and pepper.