We love our recipes – and so will you!
Who knew that goat cheese could be so versatile? Have you ever had Crème Brulée with Chavrie® Goat Cheese? Or Chavrie Goat Cheese on Pizza? Browse our recipe library and enjoy the goodness of Chavrie pure goat cheese in recipes for any time of the day or for that next big party.
Potato Gratin with Chavrie® Goat Cheese
Cheese: Pyramids Original
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Makes: 6 - 8
- 1 pkg. (5.3 oz) Chavrie® Goat Cheese
- 8 ea. medium peeled russet potatoes cut in 1inch pieces
- 1 tsp. chopped garlic
- 1 cup milk
- 4 oz. butter
- ½ cup crosscut scallions
- Place cut potatoes in a large saucepan, with enough salted cold water to cover the potatoes by 1/2 inch
- Bring to a simmer and cook for 20 to 25 minutes until they are tender but not falling apart
- While the potatoes are cooking, in a small saucepan heat the milk, butter, chopped garlic and Chavrie® Goat Cheese over moderately low heat.
- Stir mixture until the butter and goat cheese are just melted and smooth. Keep the mixture warm
- Drain the potatoes well and while still warm, mix with an electric mixer for 2 minutes
- Fold in the Chavrie® mixture, the scallion, and salt and pepper to taste, and mix until the potatoes are fluffy and smooth 1-2 minutes
- Transfer the mixture to a 9 inch baking dish. (The potatoes may be prepared up to this point 2 days in advance and kept covered and chilled).
- Bake in a 350 degree oven until golden brown 20-25 minutes